Are you interested in taking your dressage riding & training skills to a higher level? Are you a young rider looking for a fast paced way at advancing your skills? SKM Dressage is seeking an ambitious horse enthusiast who is looking for an extensive learning experience to help them obtain their riding goals.
SKM Dressage is committed to providing an opportunity for you to acquire a real education and fine tune your existing skills by participating in the training of many horses under professional instruction. In this position you will be assisting Shaun with the day to day activities of her horses. This may include but not limited to: riding/hacking, lunging, hand walking, grooming, prepping horses, tack cleaning, assisting in horse sales, grooming at competitions and more. Feeding and stall cleaning is not handled by working students!
- Passion for dressage!
- Personality Plus! A self-motivated outgoing positive attitude is a must. We are looking for another team player.
- Minimum requirement of solid dressage riding basics, ideally ridden 2nd level or above.
- Experience riding warmbloods or horses of equal gait
- Experience with young horses and/or stallions a plus!
- Braiding is a huge plus!
- Basic Horsemanship skills a must
---- Proper application of polo wraps and boots
---- Safe use of side reins or other lunging equipment
---- Experience using standing bandages
---- Proven ability to practice safe handling of horses
- The opportunity to learn and train as far as your abilities and the horses can take you under the guidance of a proven FEI rider and trainer.
- The ability to ride many horses at a varying degree of levels, from youngsters to FEI schoolmasters.
- Lessons with an FEI trainer on your horse or one of our schoolmasters
- There is an opportunity to bring your own horse
- optional living arrangements
* benefits for this program are suited to each individual. It largely depends on your experience and availability to work.
How to apply:
Please email a letter addressing your interest in obtaining a position as a working student and attach your resume/experience along with two references.